My name is Alexandra and you might be wondering, why the random name for the blog? Well freshman year of college I used to take naps on the table when I was too lazy to take care of what was on my bed. From there, ‘SleepsOnTables’ became my spirit name and so when the time came to create a blog, there it was.
I was one of those kids who loved the bookfairs in elementary and middle school. I remember vaguely at my elementary school we had this reading program/game thing that I don’t remember the name of (I did say I remembered it vaguely) and I would always win the monthly awards for reading the most books. Naturally all of that gave me horrible eyesight–that and genetics (thanks Mom!) When I got into junior high and high school I became so bogged down with sports–track, volleyball, and basketball–and smart school (I am a nerdy genius) that I pretty much stepped away from reading for a while.
What really brought me back were the books getting turned into movies. I’m not sure which came first but I distinctly remember The Lovely Bones and Twilight. When I saw The Lovely Bones was releasing I was like ‘You know what? I HAVE to read this.’ With Twilight it was different. My mom and I watched the first movie and then we both read the first book. She got the rest other three one day and then stayed up until like 4 a.m. one night reading New Moon, the other two following in a slightly less obsessive manner. From there I started to get into the Percy Jackson series.
When I went away to college I discovered that one of my roommates was a huge book nerd. She let me borrow a lot of her books and come Christmas, I was begging my parents for a Nook. I started reading like crazy and started my blog (originally on Blogger) my blog in January of 2013. Now I’ve got my own fancy domain for my weird named blog and have been participating more in blogger community features. It’s wonderful!
A little background about me outside of books:
- I graduated high school when I was 16 years old–I told you, nerdy genius
- I’m going to school to get my degree in Mechanical Engineering
- I’m insanely good at math–took and got an A in Calculus 3 before I turned 18
- I can lick my elbow, the rumor you’ve heard that it’s impossible is, in fact a lie!
- I’m not exactly a people person
- I’m ambidextrous! And can write forwards and backward–print & cursive–with both hands
- Books and my mom’s dog Zeus are my best friends (and my roommate is too!)
- I used to pole vault in high school (if you don’t know what that is, Google it. It’s pretty cool!)
- I’m in my 4th and final year of college at 20 years old–granted I pass all of my remaining classes *crosses fingers*
I love hearing from other bookish–people because let’s face it, the only conversation I can successfully hold is one centered around books!–so come and chat with me!