In late 2015 I began working as a remote intern for Nicole Frail at Skyhorse Publishing. I completed tasks that involved reviewing submissions and providing feedback as well as performing read throughs on books that were to be published and providing feedback on high points and points that needed to be worked on.
It is through this process that I have discovered a love for helping to mold stories. I’ve always liked reading, but this was the first opportunity that I had to actually provide input to an author before their story was published. I found that I enjoyed reading someone’s manuscript and helping them tweak it. Therefore, I have decided to open up my own Beta Reading Services.
I want to help you make the best of your story!
Here’s What You Get:
- A critical read of your entire manuscript (or submission depending on if it’s full-length or partial)
- Feedback addressing any possibly concerning areas ranging from inconsistencies in plot or characters to pointing out aspects that may be slammed by readers
- A summary of all the positives and negatives of your manuscript
- A 100% honest opinion
Here’s What You Don’t Get:
- Editing for grammar mistakes
- Re-write of your content
- A public review of your book
*Note if I beta-read for you, I will not leave a review of your book on Goodreads or retailer sites once it publishes as it would be a conflict of interest in my opinion.*
Beta Reading Services will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. I require a week or two depending on the length of the submission. I will accept those genres/age groups with which I am most familiar: Young Adult and New Adult. At this time I will stick to what I know and not accept any Adult manuscripts.
Pricing is flexible! Please contact me if you’re interested in my beta reading services and we can discuss pricing.
Payment is processed via PayPal with half required up-front and half upon completion.
Interested? Guidelines for Submission:
Does this sound like something you’re interested in? Please follow the steps below:
- Contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Include in the subject line the genre and age group of your manuscript and the number of words
- In the body of the email include a general synopsis of your manuscript
- Please include a due by date so that I know how soon you need the work completed
- Please include a link to your website, blog and/or Twitter.
From there, I will decide if I can take on your manuscript. Should I accept then I will ask for a Word document form of your manuscript so that I can make comments in the document.
Any questions or want to know more?
If there’s something I haven’t mentioned that you’re curious about or have specific questions, send me an email at email@example.com and I will answer your concerns.